On Saturday, Feb. 12, Bryn Mawr College’s Katharine Houghton Hepburn Center presented the 2011 Katharine Hepburn Medal to Helene Gayle, president and chief executive officer of the international humanitarian organization CARE, in honor of her efforts to fight global poverty and reduce the transmission of HIV/AIDS. Collected here are 10 videos associated with the event: five, including a tribute to Gayle, that were shown at the ceremony, and five featuring speakers at the event.
Click the center arrow to start the first video; afterward, mousing over the video player will reveal thumbnail images and titles of other videos in the playlist.
The individual videos on the playlist, in order:
- Tribute to Dr Helene Gayle, 2011 Katharine Hepburn Medalist
- Mara Liasson at the Katharine Hepburn Hepburn Medal Ceremony 2011
- Katherine Rowe at the Katharine Hepburn Medal Ceremony 2011
- Steven M. Altschuler at the Katharine Hepburn Medal Ceremony 2011
- Jane McAuliffe at the Katharine Hepburn Medal Ceremony 2011
- Helene Gayle Accepts the 2011 Katharine Hepburn Medal
- Bryn Mawr Alumnae on Changing the World Through Women’s Health and Education
- Bryn Mawr Undergraduates Discuss Education and Social Responsibility
- Bryn Mawr GSSWSR Students on Empowering Women Around the World
- Bryn Mawr Faculty Members on Engaged Scholarship and Teaching